GRANT REQUEST Fall 2017
Grant Request Deadline: Friday, November 10, 2017, at 5 pm
Welcome to the Friends of Whitney Young (FoWY) Fall 2017 Grant Request Cycle. Thanks to the generosity of the Whitney Young Community, we are able to provide funding to clubs, organizations, and departments this Fall. We hope we will be able to fund many grant requests this year and look forward to partnering with you in the process.
PLEASE NOTE: There may not be a Spring Cycle for the 2017-18 school year so please plan accordingly.
The Grant Request deadline is Friday, November 10th, at 5 pm. Grant decisions will be made by mid-November. Any funding must be used by May 31, 2018. Please see the Grant Request Application Form at the bottom of this page.
Requests to fund specific projects/items must adhere to the following guidelines:
Who may apply for a grant?
Teachers, administrators, school staff, school organizations and clubs may apply for funding of a project or item. Please note the following:
- Student and club applications must be signed by the appropriate faculty advisor
- No funds will be distributed to unaffiliated individuals
What does FoWY fund?
- Programs that enhance student and/or teacher learning, create new ideas and energy in the classroom and foster collaboration among teachers, particularly interdisciplinary projects
- Projects that increase the school’s ability to serve the students’ academic and social/emotional developmental needs
- Collaborative planning or skill development among teachers, parents or students
- Additional learning materials, equipment, books, supplies, furniture, etc.
- Extracurricular team or club activities
- Projects or materials that can be used by multiple generations of students
What does FoWY NOT fund through this Grant program?
- Capital improvement projects
- Basic educational materials such as textbooks
What happens if my grant request is approved?
- Funds must be used as described in your grant request during the period from November 2017 through May 31, 2018. No carryover past May 31, 2018 is permitted.
- Budgets submitted with the grant request should accurately reflect the project’s expenditures.
- Clear records of your purchases with FOWY grant money must be maintained.
- Receipts or purchase orders must accompany all reimbursement requests to FoWY.
- Funds will be distributed bi-monthly, on the 1st and 15th of each month. Note: Funds will be distributed upon presentation of receipts prior to June 30, 2018.
How do I apply?
- Applicants must use the Grant Request Form (below) to make a request.
- Completed Grant Requests must be submitted prior to the deadline.
- FoWY can not make off–cycle grants so it is very important that all applicants submit the fully completed Grant Request Form by November 10, 2017 by 5 pm.
We will not review Grant Requests submitted after the deadline. Additionally, any grants that were awarded but not used from the previous year will not be eligible to receive funds for one year. Award or decline letters will be emailed in November. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact me via the email below.
FoWY Grants Committee Chairperson