WE ARE ALL Friends of Whitney Young (FoWY)
GET INVOLVED. MAKE A DIFFERENCE. VOLUNTEER TODAY.
We have a lot of different ways for you to volunteer. Click here to see upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Also, please consider joining one of the committees listed below that could use your talents and time.
Annual Fund Committee
- Develop mailer for solicitation of donations for Annual Fund
- Follow up on Annual Fund mailing through website and email campaign
- Raise revenue through Advertisement Sales to offset the cost of printing the Student Parent Directory
- Solicit designs for Student Cover Design Contest, review design submissions and make sure that they are compliant with cover design requirements, determine prizes for contest and award prizes to contest winners
- Assist with preparing artwork for printing the Student Parent Directory. Format all advertisements for inclusion in Directory and prepare pages that provide general Friends of Whitney Young information
- Assist with the distribution of the Student Parent Directory at Report Card pick up in the Fall Semester
- Help create FoWY newsletter, build communication between school and parents
- HELP BUILD COMMUNITY AND COMMUNICATION
- Solicit Grant proposals for distribution of Annual Fund proceeds to clubs, teams and classroom projects. Determine schedule for receipt of grant proposals, review and award of grants and determine amount of individual grant awards.
- Meet with WYHS Principal and Leadership team to the review proposed grant awards and finalize list of grant awards subsequent to this meeting.
- Notify grant recipients of the awards and the process to claim their grant funding.
Review grant documentation and forward to Treasurer for payout of grants
- Coordinate new family welcome phone calls for incoming 7th and 9th grade families
- Develop opportunities for community building and social events for parents and guardians
- Plan and host the teacher/staff appreciation lunch in the fall and the spring
Spring Bash Committee
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual all school fundraiser
- Build a stronger, more cohesive and sustained volunteer presence at WY
- Coordinate and schedule volunteer opportunities for WY parents/guardians
- Communicate with staff/teachers for volunteer needs and post needs on FoWY website